Friday, October 19, 2012

Zax Drive Inn


Eat

I love all things retro. The music, the fashion, and of course the diners! It's so fun stepping back in time and eating at a retro-themed diner. This week I decided to check out Zax Drive Inn on Portage Ave. for a quick and tasty lunch.

My boyfriend, Jesse, kept telling me how good Zax chicken fingers are so I figured I better put them to the test. They were made fresh right as we ordered them, with all white chicken meat. The coating was so crispy and delicious, and they had a really good crunch to them.

The fries were my favourite part. They were homemade and still had the skin on them. So good!

I really enjoyed my meal. Jesse was right, Zax is great! The décor is so cute. Vintage chrome chairs and tables filled the brightly colored restaurant, and the walls were covered in old signs and posters straight out of the '50s.

Zax has a really big menu with lots of variety. They have classic diner food like burgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, and fries, but they also have pitas, wraps, salads, and sandwiches. The prices are pretty cheap, for just over $15.00 we got 8 chicken fingers, fries and a pepsi.

So if you want to have a blast from the past and some great food, go check out Zax Drive Inn!

Jesse Waiting For His Food!
Vintage Signs
Cute Chrome Chairs
Our Yummy Chicken Fingers and Fries!


2 comments:

  1. It's funny - I've driven by Zax and never gone in, but always been reminded of this great place in Ottawa's ByWard Market called Zak's, which is a retro 50s-style diner. Also great food, huge menu and throwback decor. It's been there since I was in high school, which is to say a very long time. ;)

    I'll have to check out Winnipeg's version and compare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder about this place when I go by! Will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete