Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My four favourite things this week

1.) Chi Curling Wand

For Christmas this year I got a Chi Air Curling Wand. I was a little skeptical of this new tool but I tried it out for the first time this week and I love it! I normally use my straightener to add curls to my hair but I found the wand adds more spirals and gives a more voluminous look. The curling wand is also much easier to use than standard curling irons so they are perfect if you are a beginner. You basically hold the wand with one hand and wrap your hair around it with your other hand. The wand comes with a special glove so that you don't get burned. I highly recommend it!

2.) Bodum French Press

I worked at a coffee shop for over four years and I have to say I have become a coffee fanatic! I love trying out new roasts and methods of brewing coffee, so this week I got a french press! I love waking up on these cold mornings and making myself some freshly pressed coffee! I have a Bodum french press and so far it works great. The directions are easy to follow and you just have to make sure you use a coarsely ground coffee. My mom has a travel french press which is perfect for mornings when you are in a rush. I think I'll make myself a cup right now!

3.) Arm Knitting

This is a new trend you may have seen popping up all over Pinterest and I have to say it is pretty awesome! You use your arms as the knitting needles and you can knit scarves in about a half hour! My sister-in-law tried it last weekend and it turned out beautiful. She used a chunky knit yarn and it resulted in a cozy scarf that is perfect for this weather. I am going to try and make one this weekend, check out this YouTube tutorial and make one yourself!


4.) Girls Season 3

As I mentioned in a previous post, I love the HBO show Girls. Season 3 just premiered last Sunday night and the first two episodes were hilarious. HBO made the episodes available on YouTube, watch them here!



No comments:

Post a Comment