Monday, March 17, 2014

Bring on Spring!

The first day of spring is in three days but it still looks like December outside. It seems like winter will never end, so I decided I'm bringing spring into my life regardless of the weather! Here are my top four ways to bring spring into your life, with or without snow!

A Pop of Colour

Put away your dark, jewel toned winter wardrobe and bust out some brightly coloured clothes (just stay away from neon, you can save that for summer)! Layer a bright tank under a cute cardigan, wear a colourful statement necklace, or (if your brave) rock a patterned dress with leggings underneath. Hudson's Bay has a huge assortment of spring coloured clothing and they always have sales, so hurry in!

A Fresh Face

No more burgundy lipstick, dark brown shadows, and deep coloured blush, it's time for spring makeup! Here are my favourite products to create a spring look!

LIPS: Mabelline Color Elixir in the shade Captivating Carnation
CHEEKS: Clinique Cheek Pop Blusher in the shade Peach Pop
FACE: Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer 
EYES: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette 
           Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
         

Rain Boots

Nothing is better than splashing through puddles in a cute pair of rain boots! I just got a cute pair made by Dav. They are really stylish and don't look as dorky as the yellow ones I used to have when I was little. You can pretty much find rain boots at any of your favourite shoe stores and they come in so many cute colours and styles. I feel so British when I wear mine, I love it!

Spring Nails

Paint your nails a bright, happy hue and you will be feeling springy in no time! My favourite colours are all from Essie's spring collection, I wish I could wear all of them at once!


What are your favourite ways to bring spring into your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment