Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sweet Tops Ice Cream



Eat

Fall is here! That means it's pumpkin season! Mmmmm pumpkin. Don't worry, I won't bore you with a post about a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte or even try to get you to bake a pumpkin pie. You're all too smart for that. I have something much more tasty! 

I have discovered a truly Winnipeg twist on pumpkin, that only someone who gets a Slurpee in the middle of winter would really appreciate. Pumpkin ice cream! Yep, you heard me. 

I always drive past Sweet Tops Ice Cream on my way home from school, and today I noticed their ad for pumpkin soft serve. I stopped in and got a big cone to reward myself for working hard (or at least that's how I justified it). 

The first taste put a big smile on my face, I don't know how I didn't think of the combination myself! The ice cream is made with real pumpkin pie filling so it doesn't have a fake or over-sweet taste. It reminded me of my Grandma's homemade pumpkin pie! 

Sweet Tops, located at 949 Henderson Highway, has been around since 1993 and it's the perfect ice cream shop to take you back in time. The vibe is very retro and they have all of the classic ice cream flavours. They are still open every day from 11:00 am until 10:00 pm so you can stop by whenever you get a craving.

With Thanksgiving coming up soon I recommend you take a break from the boring pumpkin pie and have pumpkin ice cream instead! It will make for a wild Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

  1. At last: competition for BDI.
    How are the lineups at Sweet Tops?

    ReplyDelete