Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Underground Cafe


Eat

The other day I took my friend Leanne out for lunch for her birthday. We only had an hour break between our classes so we decided to check out The Underground Cafe. It's on Arthur Street just a short walk from Red River College. I had only recently heard about Underground, it's in the basement of a building so it isn't super noticeable if you are driving down the street. 

Inside is a warm little cafe with beautiful murals painted all over the walls. The tables and chairs are an eclectic mix of different coloured retro pieces. Underground is a very trendy, hip cafe that offers a selection of foods with many vegetarian options. They are famous for their Sun Burger, a vegetarian patty topped with dill sauce sandwiched between a toasted whole wheat bagel. 

Leanne and I split the Sun Burger and the B.T.C.L (bacon tomato chicken lettuce) so that we could try a bit of both. The Sun Burger was interesting, I am not used to eating vegetarian burgers so the taste combinations were very different to me. I did enjoy it but I was glad to have the B.T.C.L to balance out the meal. The chicken was really tasty and the bacon was thick and smoky. Overall I liked the food. 

The good thing was the speed. The restaurant was pretty busy when we went at noon, but it only took about 15 minutes for our food to be ready. We were finished in time to make it back to class! There are tons of awesome places to eat in the Exchange District and I am on the hunt to find my favourite one. 

If you want to check out The Underground Cafe's menu or find out more about the company check out their website!
http://theundergroundcafe.ca

1 comment: