Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Making a Magazine

Since January we have been working on creating magazines as a school project, and this week was the due date. We're finally finished! 

It was hard work! We had to write the articles, take the pictures, and layout the magazine ourselves, but it was rewarding being able to create our own mag! 

I have always loved reading magazines, something about the glossy pages and beautiful pictures really appeals to me. When I first heard about the magazine project I immediately knew I wanted to do a dance magazine.

Luckily my group liked the idea and footwork magazine was born! 

I had a photo shoot with a few of my dance friends a few weeks ago and I ended up getting some really good pictures for the mag. I also got the chance to work on my design skills when I laid out the pages, and I feel like I am finally getting the hang of Photoshop and InDesign. 

Next thursday March 28 is the magazine trade show at the college. We get to design our own booth and  hang out there all day, showing off our hard work.

I'll post the PDF of the magazine soon, but for now here are a few pictures from the photo shoot! 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment