Thursday, January 30, 2014

Arm Knitting

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was going to try arm knitting. Well, I tried it and it worked great! It only took me about 30 minutes to make a gorgeous circular scarf. It is hard to believe that it was so easy to make because the end result is so beautiful. I used this YouTube video to learn how to use my arms as the needles, but after a few rows I didn't need the video anymore.

The scarf will turn out very loosely knit so it is important to use chunky wool. You also need to use two pieces of yarn at a time. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn that I got at Michaels but any thick wool will work.

This project will be very easy if you already know how to knit, but it is also a great project for beginners.

For my scarf I casted on 12 stitches, which gave it a bunchy, cozy look.

After you think the scarf  is long enough to wrap around your neck two times, cast off and then sew the ends together.

Give it a try and let me know how your scarf turns out!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment