Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Million Mascaras

Whether it's lipgloss, foundation, eyeliner, or mascara, every girl has her go-to makeup. For me it has always been mascara. I have very light coloured eyelashes so a nice coating of black mascara is a must. That being said, I have tested out what feels like a million mascaras but I haven't found that perfect one just yet. Knowing my makeup obsession, my parents got me a mascara sampler set from Sephora for Christmas. It's great because it comes with a variety of their best selling mascaras so you can try them all and find one you really like. I decided that while I test them out I will rate the mascaras so that at the end I can remember which one I like best.

I will rate the mascaras based on volume, length, clump-factor, whether or not you get racoon eyes when washing it off, comfort, and my overall impression.

To start things off I am reviewing they're real! mascara by Benefit Cosmetics.

Volume

I was very happy with the volume of this mascara. With only a few coats it looks really dramatic.

Length

This mascara made my eyelashes look long and like I was wearing lash-inserts.

Clump-factor

The mascara went on smooth and not clumpy. It looked very natural and not like I pilled on the mascara. 

Racoon Eyes

This was the worst part about this mascara. It looks great on but it is a pain to get off. When I washed my face it left the largest black smudges everywhere and it took a few applications of makeup remover to get it all off. 

Comfort

By the end of the day I noticed it drying up a bit and would fall off in clumps if I rubbed my eyes. I would suggest washing it off after school or work and reapplying it if you are going out. Other than that it was comfortable to wear and didn't bother my eyes. 

Overall

I liked this mascara a lot. It gives a nice dramatic look without many coats and it is comfortable to wear. The only downside is that it is a pain to take off. 

Rating: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment