Monday, September 16, 2013

HBO's Girls

I'll admit it, I have a bit of an obsession with TV shows. I've seen every episode of SOA, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, East Bound and Down, and Dexter to name a few. Those shows are all great but they are very hard for me to identify with. I am not in a biker gang, I don't cook meth and I am definitely not a serial killer.

Then I watched HBO's Girls... finally a series that shows what life can be like for 20-something females!!

One episode and I was hooked, I managed to watch both the first and second season within a month! The third season is coming out next year and I cannot wait!

The show is created, written and directed by Lena Dunham... oh and did I mention she also stars in it? Talk about an inspiration! Her writing is incredible. I find it funny, relevant and realistic. That is the best part. The characters in the show are as close to real people as I've ever seen on TV (yes that's right even more real than reality stars).

The show centres around four 20-something friends who live in Brooklyn, New York. They aren't rich, in fact some months they can't even pay their rent. They don't own 1000 pairs of Manolo Blahnik shoes, and they don't meet for brunch every week.

They are just real girls going through real issues and I find it comforting and enjoyable to watch.

I highly recommend this show!



Have you ever seen Girls?

1 comment: