Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Start knitting now!

I started knitting last fall and I have loved it ever since! I have a huge tote in my room that is filled with yarn and knitting needles, and I am always looking for new projects that I can start.

My favourite source for free knitting patterns is www.ravelry.com. It is free to sign up and there is an unlimited number of projects to choose from.

You can search based on project, skill level, yarns, and more, so it is easy to find a pattern that is right for you! Most of the patterns are free and are available to download as a pdf. I usually browse the site and every time I see a future project I download it and save it to a folder on my computer.

For knitting supplies I go to Michaels, Ram Wools, and sometimes second hand stores like Value Village or The Salvation Army, they have tons of needles that you can get for just a couple dollars.

Knitting is such a fun thing to do, especially with friends! Plus now that Christmas is only a few months away you can start making some beautiful gifts! Last year I made my Grandpa a toque for Christmas and it has been the only one he has worn since. Homemade gifts are so thoughtful and show you really care.

I found this easy pattern for a cowl. It only takes a few hours to make and is perfect for keeping your neck warm in the fall and winter.

Check it out and give it a try!



http://www.knitandbake.com/2012/03/02/easy-garter-stitch-cowl-free-knitting-pattern/


No comments:

Post a Comment