Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Green Goddess Salad Dressing

Over the summer I went out for lunch at Resto Gare in St. Boniface and I had the most amazing salad! It was just a mix of greens but the dressing was fantastic. It was called Green Goddess Salad Dressing and until then I had never heard of it.

The flavour was delicious and I wanted to have more of it. I googled it and found tons of recipes for the dressing so I decided to try making some myself!

The dressing is simple it contains:

1/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp mayo
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice

The main flavour comes from the pesto and the yogurt makes it so creamy. The lemon adds a bit of acidity and a zingy flavour. To make the dressing you just combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together.

This bright, flavourful salad dressing is the perfect way to break up all of the heavy comfort foods that we tend to eat in the fall and winter.

Try this dressing and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment